Monday, November 30, 2009

Pre-Relocation Ramble

Well, Thanksgiving is over and the Christmas season is upon us. Yet before we can sit back, relax, and enjoy the holidays, we have a major move into a new home, our final destination. I am looking forward with great excitement to the move. I know it will be a lot of work, but I think that we can have a lot of fun in the process.
I went down to Grandpa and Grandma's a few days before the rest of my family came down for Thanksgiving and, while I was gone, Leisel and Lynnae packed up everything that we can possibly spare in the next week. When I got home boxes lined our already narrow hallway. To walk down it you practically have to pin your elbows to your side and shuffle down the narrow walkway (well, not exactly, but you definitely can't walk with arms outstretched either :-). Today, Cosette and I worked on packing up 8-9 more boxes including our quilts. Mommy is washing all of the sheets and we are going to sleep in sleeping bags this week. Today I also made three meals ahead so that we could pack our cooking supplies and we would not have to worry about dinners in the last minute rush.
We sign the papers on Thursday and then we will be owners of a new house. It will feel so nice to finally be home. On Friday we plan on moving all of the boxes out of our two storage units and then on Saturday will be our big move, Lord willing.
I will probably take a break from my blog for about a week to a week and a half. We're going to be busy with packing up, moving, and unpacking again. Besides the internet will probably be down by Thursday and it may take a couple days for Daddy to set a new one up (although, knowing Daddy, that is probably the first thing that he will do). I will try to do a post on our move and new house as soon as possible, though.

4 comments:

Lucia said...

Hi Charae,

How exciting--yay! You guys are finally ready to move. I loove your new house, and I hope that moving won't be too much of a struggle!

Have fun, and Merry EARLY Christmas!

God Bless,
Lucia

Benjamin A. Pent said...

I am madly jealous and spitting angry because I can't be with you to see your new house and to chase you up that beautiful flight of stairs. I was going to challenge you that the first to the top gets to buy the Starbucks! Please save a corner room for Nana and me!
I love you and miss you.

SarahJayne said...

So fun, Charae! I trust the move was expedient and uneventful - looking forward to pictures... :)

Mikaela said...

Charae--your house is absolutely gorgeous! A lot of upheaval to go through, but I'm sure you are all thrilled to be in your new house.