Friday, November 13, 2009

Pre-Thanksgiving Banquet

This past Sunday some dear friends from our church had us over in the afternoon for a Thanksgiving dinner. You would have to know the Bystroms to even begin to imagine the scale and enormity of the feast they prepared. I believe Lynnae counted at least 10 courses that came out of their kitchen, each one fit for a kingly banquet.




After we had eaten (more than our fill) we let our food settle a little and then gathered around the living room for a time of hymn singing. Favorite hymns were requested and we spent a blessed time in singing hymns of praise to our great God.



Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Bystrom, I know you don't like your picture taken, but you both looked so cute in this picture that I just couldn't resist posting it on my blog.






Chris spent most of the afternoon with one or more of the little ones on his lap. For some reason all three of the younger ones seem to gravitate toward him; I don't know what they are going to do when he goes back to Boston to finish up school. I think he is going to leave a lot of weeping people behind. We are so much enjoying the time we get to spend with our cousin.



Ania is an avid reader and, since she has not quite mastered the art of it herself, she is always eager to find some one who will do it for her. I have a feeling she will be reading Dickens by the time she is 7. :-)


In the evening we went back to church for the evening service and heard a great message on Revelation 10. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Benjamin A. Pent said...

How come we didn't get invited? I see you had a couple of empty seats. Or did I miss the call? Oh yea, and I sure love the pictures of the different kinds of bread. I wanted to reach out and take a piece or two. Yum! yum! I'll be over in a just a bit! Save my place and don't forget my Starbuck coffee cup. We have a date, you know? I love you.

Unknown said...

I miss you guys terribly. I had so much fun being with your family.