Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nose to the Grindstone

Well, I'm starting to get back into the routine of things after a delightful 9 days at Grandpa and Grandma's. I had a wonderful time in Redding, enjoying being able to spend time with family, and just have a break from the normal routine.
While I was there, Grandpa spent many patient hours with me trying to teach his 20 year old granddaughter how to drive a car. Maybe I should have started when I was 16 and too young to feel the full responsibility of being the one behind the wheel, but I didn't so here I am...
Back on the home front everyone did a great job of filling in while I was gone. It's funny how everyone has their own place in this family and when someone leaves, everyone has to take on just a bit more to compensate. Leisel and Lynnae took over all of the dinners and I have heard that they did a wonderful job (so I'm going to have to tuck that bit of information away for future reference). The girls continued with a minimal amount of schoolwork (Math, Spelling, and English) while I was away and Mommy had all of the homework corrected when I returned so that was a great relief.
Daddy and Mommy have decided to put our home back on the market and see what happens. Yes, the market is very slow and seems to get worse with every passing week, but God is sovereign so "the odds" really are not a factor. We are just trying it out to see if that is the Lord's will for us and if it is not, we are content to remain where we are.
Jonathon is continuing to do very well in college; he is taking calculus, chemistry, and engineering graphics this semester so he has a full plate. We enjoy every little bit of time that we can spend with him because he is usually swamped in homework. I am just so thankful that he didn't have to go away to college and gets to be home.
So far, that is about all that has happened up to date...I will try to be more consistant with my posts. Leisel is usually on this computer doing her schoolwork so I have to catch a few moments when she is off of it to write.

No comments: