Monday, November 3, 2008

Maid or Sister?


The other day while I was busy making dinner, Austin sat in the family room watching me and, after a few moments, queried, "Charae, are you a maid?"
"No," I answered, "Why?"
"Because you make all of the dinners," was his honest reply.
My attempt to elucidate for him the complex differences that exist between a maid and a sister was only moderately successful. I explained that a maid does her work as a means of employment and I do mine out of a desire to serve my family, but he still seemed dubious. I think that he still retains his belief that I must be the maid of the Spafford family. I am hoping that this confusion arises out of a misunderstanding of a maid's position and not out of any doubt as to my standing as his sister.

1 comment:

Mikyla Lathrop said...

hahahahahahaha charae!!! i just laughed for about 10 minutes straight!!!!! that is that cutest thing i have ever heard!!! :)